I got a phone call yesterday that has stayed with me. My sister called to tell me that some friends we had from Colleyville had been in a car accident and their daughter, who is Kelsey's age died. I found out their only other child, a son, is in critical condition in a coma. Both were thrown from the car because they took off their seatbelts for a second to get something. How do you recover from that?My kids at different times on long car trips will sometimes get unbuckled for a second. Or, they will stretch it out so they can be comfortable and I am sure no help at all if an accident occurs. I harp for a while and then I just pretend it does not exist (picture the ostrich). Then I hear something like and it almost takes my breath away. I will now double my efforts to be mean and ruin my kids life while traveling in the car.
So, go hug your kids, remember life can be short and the most important things we have in our lives are the people around us who can make us crazy, but ultimately give us the most joy.
2 comments:
Thank you!! The seatbelt thing has been on my mind lately--this confirms why!
How difficult would life be if you didn't understand the larger plan. On Monday, a co-workers teenage daughter was killed in a car accident. My heart sank.
Post a Comment