Thursday, November 02, 2006

SCARY




When I was a younger mother, and very sure of what was right and wrong, I would have NEVER let my children dress as deathly or scary things. Ryan and I went rounds and round over the fact that he wanted to be the Grimm Reaper, dead things etc. I was just against this. I think he was 14 before I let him be something gross.

Fast forward to Halloween 2006. What do we have? Two children who were something nice, and two kids who were something gross. What has happened to my conviction? What has happened to my sense of right and wrong? I am just tired. It was easier to give in than fight. That does not bode well for the two coming up does it? I am sure that Ryan will turn to me when he returns from college and tell me that I am too lax with the twins, similar to what I have done to my parents through the years. Let's see, I'm tired with five - imagine ten!

So, what have we learned today? It is easier to give in than fight - at least in terms of spooky halloween costumes!

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Hey, it's what's on the inside that counts right?!