
I have a confession to make. I have a calendar obsession. Yes it is true. I love to buy and use calendars. I am always searching for just the right calendar/system for myself and for the house. This time of year I am on the hunt.
Many years ago I used the Franklin Planner system and I liked it. It was compact, allowed me to carry all I needed to carry and have what I need in one place.
Then, a year or so before I quit my job, they bought all of us Palm Pilot PDA's and told us we needed to use them. It was just a basic system, but I was not embracing the technology easily. I liked to write things down! Fast forward six or eight months and I had embraced it. I liked it and I was using it.
When I became pregnant with the twins and quit, this cheap place made me give it back. Typical. So, I was left without it again. Since I was not working, I thought I could go back to paper, and since I did not need to plan out each day, I thought I would look for the perfect monthly/weekly calendar. It took three years, but I found it.
Now, I am stuck. I need more than weekly. Should I go back to a PDA? Should I just buy the daily version of what I have now? Should I get a full Franklin? I don't want too bulky, but I want easy to use.
I am not one who "fasts and prays" over decisions - that is my sister. When I decide to paint a room I walk in and buy the paint (I will have looked at different basic colors, but then I buy). Laurie hangs the paint chips on the wall for an extended period of time to see if she will really like it. We are very opposite in our decision making. So, why am I paralyzed about making this decision?
If you have made it all the way through this rant on calendars, you should win a prize. The bottom line, I just need to make a decision and do it. I need to get something because I am needing to plan into next year, and I have no calendar! Oh what will I do?
1 comment:
You make me laugh!! We are so alike. Saturday night to my delight I found the large desk calendar that I like to use for the family--$1 at Target...last night with a smile on my face I filled in all the birthday's for 2007. I also have my compact franklin that I keep in my purse...and I recently purched yet another which has each day broken down into 1/2 hour incriments in an attempt to be more wise with my time. Yes, I too have a calendar problem!!
Post a Comment