Friday, November 17, 2006

It is Friday and I have nothing to say

How does that title grab you? I am doing the regular Friday things - work, kids, house, get ready for the weekend, etc. But, this is the start of the Thanksgving holiday. My kids have no school for ONE WEEK. That means no early mornings. You would think I started early since I could not get out of bed this morning. Eric was on Seminary duty and he even stopped and let Ryan bring doughnuts for everyone, so I think that was covered.

I need to get cracking on the plans for the White Trash Thanksgiving. I think it is going to be fun, and I hope there is no burn ban for Bastrop. It will be very cold if we can't have a fire, and it is just not as fun. Since we have joined the ranks of the professional campers, many of our meals will be in the dutch oven. Of course, we the Pearson's don't have a dutch oven, but our camping partners the Kenningtons and the Joneses do. As a matter of fact I think Robert and Sterling are in a race to see who can be in possesion of the greatest number of dutch ovens at one time. They each have like 5-10 now. Crazy for them, good for us.

We are in possesion, however, of the most important part of the White Trash Thanksgiving - the deep fryer for the turkey. It is not trashy if it is not deep fried! We perfected the art last Thanksgiving and now Eric will get to show his deep fried expertise in Bastrop. It will be a different Thanksgiving, no football, but I am going to enjoy it.

BUT - I will miss the Black Friday craziness. Many times I am not looking for anything in particular. It is just fun to go with the million other crazy people who invade WalMart at 5:00 AM and try and grab up some little thing they can't live without. I still don't know what to get everyone for Christmas, so I guess it is best not to just buy on Black Friday without a plan.

So go and enjoy your day. I am going over to Becky's today and I am bound and determined that I will get a banner posted if it is the last thing I do. I have put something quick together in Photoshop - it is not fancy or great but it is a start. Now I just need to get in on the blog. Now if I only understood HTML. Here is the total of my HTML expertise < >. Should be fun.

2 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

Beautfil banner. I have elements and was going to try to put mine together but it takes some investment to learn the product.

Jonah said...

Looks great!!! I still can't believe I devoted almost 5 hours yesterday to 4 little pictures!!!