Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Crazy Wednesday, and a slow Thursday


I had a long Wednesday due to bad weather in Dallas and Houston, it made for a crazy travel day. I was meeting two colleagues in town who were coming from two different parts of the country. With delays into Dallas of three to four hours, it was good that I am good at a plan B. Everyone made it eventually and I was glad for the backup when the network manager was talking about DMZ's and forests (not the kind Bambi traverses). Thank goodness for technical guys (and gals). We had a great meeting with my prospect, and I hope that will translate into business next year. We will see.

I came home, after my 17 hour day, and was dog tired. I dragged myself into bed and was awakened sometime after midnight to the sound of throwup. Now, I don't do vomit well. Eric, the hero, got up and cleaned up the lionshare of the mess. In the light of day, I had a small bit left, but I heard him mopping and cleaning last night. I pulled the "pull the covers over my ears and pretend it is not going on" thing. It was Caroline, so today we are going to stay home, and I hope she will feel better. She has some kind of bug complete with fever. Here is to hoping it stays with just her - I don't think I can handle five children with the stomach flu!

I did come home to a clean house thanks to Ellen. I love Ellen. To have the whole house clean at the same time is nothing short of a miracle!

Picture has nothing to do with post, but I liked it. This is my first attempt to link to an image in my photobucket account, not load from my pc. It was much faster. I think that is the way to go.

Here is to hoping I don't spend the day cleaning up vomit! Aren't you jealous of my life?

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Okay...so you're going to have to teach me the photo bucket thing. Love the picture. Allie told me about about the throwing up. So sad. Hope she's over it soon.