
Many many years ago, before the craze of pre-lit trees, I did my own pre-lit tree. I took about 12 packages of lights and strung them on my christmas tree. It took forever. My mom wrangled me into this, so she helped. I love the look, but each and every year there are at least two strings that need to be restrung.
So, in some ways I have come to dread getting the tree out. The kids are always bouncing off the walls in excitement to get the tree up - the twins can't wait to put the "instruments" on the tree (they can't remember if it is instruments or ornaments and most often choose wrong). But, there is a sense of dread. This year was not too bad - I only had to redo three strands. And in each one, only 1/2 the strand was dead. Since they were old lights, I had to redo them all. I now buy the always lit kind and eventually I have a dream of putting up the tree without redoing all the lights.
The kids do love it and it does help to put us in the Christmas mood. We put the collection of ornaments on the tree. I would still like to have two trees - one fancy and one with all the kids stuff. Since I can barely get myself to do the one, that might be wishful thinking. So, Christmas prep is off and running at the Pearson house. Ellen, our housekeeper, comes on Wednesday and then I will get out all the rest of the stuff. It is much better to start decorating in a clean house.
Happy Holidays!
2 comments:
Tree looks beautiful. We put up the tree last night and 3 strands don't work. It will take Doug a week to investigate. Oh well...
I remember taking that thing down after Christmas before you had the twins. It is beautiful! (and heavy!) Happy Decorating!
Post a Comment