Friday, June 01, 2007

The rest of the Vacation






Sick of hearing about our NY adventure? This should be the last day of our trip blog. Then I have to go back to coming up with other material. I don't know about that.


Sunday, Eric and Ryan went to a Yankee game and we did some basic shopping and made the first of our two stops at American Girl Place. All four girls loved American Girl. We also found ourselves in Times Square and it was a mob scene. It was the end of fleet week, and Memorial Day weekend. Tourist heaven.


Monday we met up with my Best Friend from high school and her family. Lynn, Matt and their kids Stefan and Julia. We went to the Natural History Museum and Matt got us in for free! Thanks Matt. It was fun to look around and see the stuff from the movie. The kids loved the dum-dum statue. From there it was off to Little Italy where we had a very NY moment and ate right on the street at a great restaurant. It was just like Sex In The City - except we had seven kids with us!


Tuesday was Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We got stuck on Ellis for an additional 45 minutes when our ferry was full (we were next). BUMMER. Caroline really was excited about the statue since that really means NY to her. It was fun, but tiring. We got dropped off at Battery Park and we walked by ground zero - still a haunting and somber place.


We ended up in central park where we sat and watched a couple innings of softball and kickball. Now, when did kickball become an adult sport? The guys we were watching were WAY too into it, so it was fun to watch them. It is amazing to be in the middle of Manhatten and be in a beautiful park! The weather was beautiful, so there were lots of runner and bike riders. It was great just to chill.


We loved our time in NY. It made Eric want to enter the lottery to run the marathon this year, so I hope we get to go back. I am serious about Eric and I moving there once the kids are out of the house!!! My little Texans did not love NY, with the exception of Caroline. Ryan led the "we love Texas and not NY" brigade. I am glad to see he loves his home!


Caroline may end up to be our one city girl. She loved the subway and even said at one point she wanted to live on the subway! Yesterday, after we were home for a few hours, she said she missed New York. I am with you girl!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Fleet Week, I was so thinking of Sex in the City! Did you see any cute sailors? haha

Becca J said...

Sounds like such a fun vacation, and y'all packed in all the best sites! I love the pictures, it's fun to see how grown up the girls are getting! (Even though I've only been gone two years...)

Jonah said...

What a cute family picture! Glad you guys had such a good time. I love the subway too--particularly the "Tube" in London. I'd prefer to live above ground, however.

Julia said...

Hey Carrie! I ran across your blog...LOVE it! Looks (and sounds) like the vacation was a lot of fun. I loved the "Just like sex in the city...but with seven kids"..haha. i started a blog, byujulia.blogspot.com. We'll see how it goes. :)

Anonymous said...

Are you crazy? You would never survive living in New York...way too cold! You & Eric would move back after your first winter. Also, too expensive for thrifty Pearsons (If Eric is anything like Bart).