Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Our Nation's Capital

(editor's note. I know this is all squishing together. Blogger is not working, again...)

I am on my way back from the American Library Association meeting in Washington DC. Pretty sad that this is the only site I was able to see in DC. Fun times for me!
From a work perspective, this was a very productive meeting. I met with lots of libraries, and moved some business forward.
The one "fun" thing I did is have dinner with my friend Nanette. Nanette and I were roomates my freshman year at BYU. There were six of us in good old Heritage Halls. We had a great time, and we all got along. Well maybe minus one.
One of my roomates Melodee was from Blackfoot, Idaho (of all places). She had these two friends, Scott and Steve, and we soon adopted them - well that is all except Nanette who had a boyfriend who was a total poop (I would normally use other words to describe him, but this is a family friendly site). Scott, Steve and the rest of us had a blast. It turns out, Nanette ended up marrying Scott, and they are now the proud parents of five children (although Nanette does it much better than I do...she is not crazed). We were all poor married students together in happy valley. Scott and Eric became great friends. They even had nicknames - Orville and Horace with all that entails.
Anyway, Scott, or Scottie as we call him in our house, has been working on a presentation for all of us about our freshman year. He shot for the 20th reunion, how the HECK can I be that old, but did not quite make it. Nanette gave it to me when I saw her. It made me laugh and want to cry. It is SO COOL (and I am not just saying that because Scott has been known to stalk the blog). It brought back so many memories. THANK YOU SCOTT!!!! YOU ROCK.
So, even though all I saw was the convention center, the trip was well worth it. Here is hoping my now delayed flight makes it out of here sometime...

1 comment:

The Duncan Proect said...

Carrie,
I have to share with you a site that turns blogs into books. Check it out www.blurb.com. Totally cool. A blogging friend from my ward recommended it. Have you read The Tipping Point?
Hope all is well in our nation's capital.