
Have you ever thought about what a wonderful invention duct tape is? I am a firm believer in the tape - and just had it work its magic again.
First, for anyone who does not really know me, I don't sew. No really, I don't. I have begged, borrowed and stealed (I know it is stolen, stealed worked better) to get my sewing done - things like Ryan's scout shirt, etc. For me, when it comes to sewing, I try to use the duct tape. Look at any pair of my pants, and you will probably see the hem being held together with duct tape.
I learned this love of the tape from my father. He was always using duct tape to "fix" things. If it couldn't be held together with duct tape it was not worth putting together.
Recently, I have relied on the healing power of the tape. You laugh to yourself and say, what healing power? The power to remove warts. Yes they are ugly, and no one wants to admit they have one, but what can I say. I am an open book.
I tried to pretend for a while that what I had was not a wart, but after careful consultation with my book club, we decided it was. I tried the nail polish for a few days, did not work. I tried the duct tape. And guess what? Gone, or really almost gone. We will have to wait a few days to be sure.
So, if you do not have a supply of the tape laying around, and we all know it should be in your 72 hour kit, go on down to the Wal-Mart and get you some.
3 comments:
you make me laugh. I was thinking of a long post of the virtues of the bleach pen today...hate to be trumped by the duct tape.
Yes, I glad it's going away! You've got to love that duct tape.
Hey. Now let's give credit where credit is due. Did your father tell you to put duct tape on your wart? No. I believe that was me...the proponent of duct tape wart removal.
Post a Comment