Friday, June 29, 2007

Rachel Ann Hansen and Her Meany Parents


Does that not sound like a Junie B Jones title? I have come back from ALA and the Hansens left while I was gone. Not only is Sophie sad, but I am sad as well.


Right after we moved here, about 7 years ago, some friends of friends had a 4th of July party at their house. They invited 1/2 the ward, and the Hansen family was there. Sophie and Rachel were only three, but they hit it off. They were playing with each other and having fun. That was the beginning of a their special friendship.


They were in preschool together, played soccer together and although we were not in the same class at school, they have always managed to find each other. Rachel is a joy to have around - she does not fight with anyone and always has a smile.


Of course, when you have a sweet girl her mom is wonderful as well. Becky was a great friend, we figured out the blog banner together. She always helped when we needed it, and that seemed like too much as of late. I will miss her! So maybe it should just be Rachel Ann Hansen and her Meany Dad.


I am consoling myself with the fact that Luke, Rachel's little brother, keeps telling everyone that they will be back in two years. Don't know if it will happen, but it would be nice.


Sophie is sad and is trying to work me for all she can. She is having Becca spend the night tonight because she is so sad. Lucky for me Becca is also a wonderful friend who does not cause fights and is a joy to have around. Becca also had meany parents who took her away once, but they came back! Hear that Hansens...

3 comments:

Becca J said...

there is always the option of meeting up at BYU... ;)

The Duncan Proect said...

It is so hard to have those you love move. I have often said--Heaven would be a place where you could force all those you love to live on your street.

Jonah said...

That is so true...I have a list of people I'd make live by us and the Pearson's are at the top!!! We miss you!!!