I don't think Dante could have more aptly described hell. I mean what is going on? Pepsi only? As I was getting something for breakfast I casually ask the nice lady making my breakfast, is there any Coke in this terminal at all?? She says, yes there is a McDonalds but it is way at the other end of the terminal. What would a rational person do? Just stay put and drink Pepsi. Lucky for me I have never described myself as rational, at least where Diet Coke is concerned. So I high tailed it to the other end of the terminal, and I am not happily sipping my truck driver size Diet Coke. Nirvana.
I am on my way to Syracuse, and since the high this week is 15 degree, yes that is the high, I went out got a coat and some Ugg wanna be boots. Now I am waiting in DFW and all this running around has made me hot. This is why I hate coats and the such. I have to either sweat or lug this thing around with me until I make it to the frozen tundra they call Syracuse. I know I will be glad to have it there.
I was supposed to have read a book for my sales training (yes two solid days of sales training You can insert your own editorial comment here). I am on chapter 12, and not thinking I am going to make it. I would much rather read my book club book. I have a long flight coming up, so I might have to alternate between the two.
I almost missed my flight this morning. I overslept. That never happens. Overslept may not be the way to describe it since I needed to getup at 3:30 am. The alarm did not go off. It always works. I could now go into a Seinfeld discussion of am/pm, volume, etc. I don't know what happened. I just know that I rolled over at 4:06 am to see that I was late. It is a good thing I am a low maintenance kind of gal, or it would have been bad.
Maybe that was why I had such a bad reaction to this Pepsi only hell I have found myself in. Or maybe, I am just not so low maintenance after all. Either way, I am here. I have Diet Coke (the good McDonalds kind). I am chillin. Life is good.
1 comment:
As I sit here with baby spit up on my shirt & jeans that are wet around the ankles from mopping, I can't help but think you sound very glamorous in your wannabe Uggs & eskimo coat jetting off to New York! I remember those sales trip days and occasionally yearn for them. I just don't think I know how to walk in heels anymore.
Post a Comment