Monday, February 12, 2007

Brain Tumor

l
OK - the picture has nothing to do with the post. I have just not posted pictures in a while, and my rants are not as fun without a cute kid to look at. Kelsey took this of her favorite subject. I don't know if Allie just naturally has a hoochie look, or if Kelsey brings it out.

I have my brain tumor pain again. I am not sure what the deal is, and clearly it is not a brain tumor, but I get this shooting pain through my skull. It seems to go hand in hand with a sinus infection. I am taking drugs trying to pretend I am not that sick. We will see how long this can go on. Last night I went to bed at 8:00 (not all that unusual). The reason was I thought I would die when I moved my head. This morning it is not as bad, so life will go on as usual.

Sophie has started back up with soccer, so our lives start to get complicated. I know - stop complaining it could be worse. All five of them could be involved with lots of stuff. Since I was out last week I am driving the after track carpool all week, and the soccer carpool all week. I really don't mind because I am so grateful that I have people who can fill in for me when I am gone, but it will make for many hours behind the wheel.

I will just bring my bookclub book, Devil In The White City, and finish it. How about that? Bookclub is not for another couple of weeks, and I will be done. This is non-fiction, so I was skeptical. I read trash. Not real bodice ripper trash, but easy fiction of the James Patterson, John Grisham type. Being in bookclub has made me read some different things. This is one of those types of things. It is about the World's Fair in Chicago in the 1890's. Who would have guessed I would read, finish, and like non-fiction?

Well, we are expecting wild and wacky weather this afternoon which may preempt the long driving mentioned above. Since it is going to be 70, it looks like a real spring thunderstorm with large hail, damaging winds and tornados possible. (can you tell I am a weather news junkie?) NY is under ten feet of snow, and we are have tornados. Global Warming or end of the world? You pick.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Hope your head feels better! Ouch! I'm glad I'm not the only weather junkie! You're more current than I though. I've got to check things out so I can be prepared for the week!