Thursday, February 15, 2007

Enjoy the Silence

Allie made it back to school today!! Lets hope no one else gets sick, as those things tend to move from one member of the family to the next. I am sitting here, working, and enjoying the silence of my house.

Since Allie had to miss her party yesterday, I decided to be a good mom and make sugar cookies with her. Now, up to this point in my life I only ever used the Pillsbury dough. It worked. It was easy. But I made the mistake of going to Walmart on Tuesday evening - yes the night before Valentine's day. You would have thought it was Christmas Eve. The place was packed and they were out of everything, including sugar cookie dough.

I mentioned this to my sister, Martha Steward Wanna Be that she is, and she gave me two different recipes and told me to make it myself. So I did, and not only was it not hard, but the cookies were tasty. I must admit, by the end I had the same feeling I get everytime I do sugar cookies - will this ever end? Allie did the sprinkles and we chatted, or I listened to her go on and on, while we decorated the cookies. It was nice to spend time with just Allie. With twins that does not always happen. Even when I make a point to try and do someone with just one of them, they always invite the twin.

Now, if I had been a good blogger I would have taken a picture. But, not so much. So you will just have to imagine for yourselves tons of heart shaped sugar cookies laying on the counter.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

I'm impressed. What a good mom!