Sunday, February 18, 2007

It's Official


Megan called me last night to tell me she and Blake are officially engaged!! Although she did not give me all the details, they went for a hike in St. George and somewhere along the way he proposed. She is supposed to send a picture of her ring, "perfect" was her description. There was much rejoicing by all the girls in the house. Although I have heard some concerns that now Megan won't talk to them, just Blake. (I have assured them this will not happen) Oh it is hard to have your Aunts grow up and move on! So, August 10th we will all be in Dallas celebrating the marriage of Megan and Blake.

I guess Blake called my dad to ask for permission, and they had quite a "long" conversation. He said dad was tough. This made me remember when we got engaged. I was in Provo, and Eric was in Dallas, where my family was. He went over to my parents house to talk to them about marrying me. I don't know everything that went on, but you have to have Eric act it out to get the full effect. First my dad had to go and get his Diet Pepsi, they were a little confused back then and drank Pepsi. He then sat down, popped open the can, and gave him the "I dare you to convince me" look.

I guess they went through a long list of what my father expected and did not expect for his daughter. The thing that is funny is as time marches forward, and Eric is closer to being the father giving away his daughter, and not the prospective groom, the story changes a little. I think he can relate much more to my father's feelings now. I will admit at the time Eric was enrolled in his first semester at Tarrant County Junior College. He had not gone to college before his mission, and he was taking his first classes. He planned to transfer up to BYU, which is what happened, but at the time he was just a punk kid with 1/2 a semester at a junior college, working at the airport fueling airplanes (this was a step up from his previous job where he made swimming pool rocks).

I think everyone will admit, he worked out well. Now we get to be in the fun position of watching others squirm and watching my dad torture these young bucks. Eric will have to take notes - before you know it he will be the torturer.

Welcome to the family Blake. It will get worse - you have not met all the boys yet...

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Hooray! How fun!

Love the new look. You really need to sit me down and educate me.

It is fabulous!