
I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with my sisters. It is kind of an interesting thing because I have four sisters, and the five of us have an age range from 18-38. I have a friend who started this a few years ago with her sisters, and it has become an annual thing and she loves it. So, I thought it would be fun for us.
Since there are three sisters attending BYU right now, my sister in California Laurie and I flew to Utah to be with them. I love BYU, so this was not a hardship for me. We got to go to the Brick Oven, or Heaps, or Heaps of Pizza depending upon your age and time in Provo. We did the bookstore, the BYU vs Utah State football game, and the outlets in Park City. We were going to go up to SLC and attend Music and the Spoken Word, but someone would not get out of bed!!! So, we just attended some random Provo ward. It was not a student ward, which would have been the most fun, but there was some great people watching going on.
Add all that with silliness, sleep deprivation, and general fun and merriment and that is our weekend. We also met both Megan and Michelle's roommates, (Melissa's left us alone at their condo). We even got to meet a cute boy who is Megan's friend. All in all a great weekend.
Laurie brought all of us Go Girl energy drinks. They were actually very tasty and that served as our theme for the weekend.
It was fun to renew and continue real friendships with my sisters. Since both Megan and Michelle were born after I went to BYU, I have enjoyed creating relationships with them. Living close has helped, but as we all get old, get married, work professionally, go to school, have kids etc the age gap is not so obvious. Of course this could just be me pretending that I can hang with the youngsters. I can accept that. I kept pretending that Laurie and I could be mistaken for students - OK it is a stretch but you can't blame a girl for trying!!
Megan's roommate was nice enough to take pics of all of us. I can't wait to get those. For now, you get to see the goofy ones.
You Go Girl!!!
1 comment:
That is fun to see your sisters!! You do look like a coed!!
Post a Comment