
Eric has a sickness. Really, it is true. He has an issue at summer holidays. I don't know if this is a backlash from his childhood, or just a new issue. During the summer holidays, Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day, he has to go somewhere. He is NOT satisfied with hanging at home, swimming and relaxation. NO! We must go and do and it is not good enough if we are not exhausted by the end of it.
I, on the other hand, am perfectly fine with the relaxation holiday. (not sure what that says about me, but it is true) It would be fine with me to hang at home. 18 years of squabbling later, we usually go somewhere for at least a few of the summer holidays.
This Labor Day was no exception. He had this whole weekend planned with a trip to Austin for a few days, going to Fiesta Texas and maybe even Schlitterbahn. Luckily cheapness and time constraints won out and we just did the Austin and Fiesta Texas part of the weekend.
We drove to Austin and stayed with our friends the Twiggs who have moved to Austin. They are one of the few who would open their home to a family of seven. We had a nice evening with them, complete with amazing BBQ dinner, and then left for Fiesta in the morning, Labor Day.
Now. I must admit. I am a Disney snob. Lets be real, NOTHING will compare to a Disney property for amusement park fun. The Six Flags group tries, but does fall short in the creation of magic. But, I will admit, I am not an adrenaline junkie. I don't like the roller coasters, I won't do the roller coasters and I will stand strong! Therefore, Disney is fine with me. Eric and Ryan love the coasters. I don't think Ryan has ever found a coaster he would not do. It does scare me to see him do some of this stuff, I know it is irrational, but I can't help it.
So, off to Fiesta Texas we trudge. It is chuck full of wild coasters to please the junkies, and has plenty of kiddie rides for the little ones. It was a great day. Park attendance was low - note to self Labor Day is a great day for Fiesta Texas. There were clouds so we did not think we would pass out in the heat. Everyone got to do what they wanted. Six hours later, seven tired people piled into the car for the trip home.
We arrive home dog tired, and had a time getting going yesterday. I guess by Eric's standards that makes it a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment