Saturday, September 02, 2006

Persistence


This needs to be my battlecry to keep on running. We did 5 miles today, and although it was much cooler, less humid, the last 3/4 mile was killer on my legs. It is clear that my legs cannot handle the increased mileage. I think I need to hit the weight room, and do some work. I am not sure I will really do it, but it sounds good doesn't it? I guess the other alternative is to increase the miles. Who wants to do that?

I love this picture of Kelsey, also reminding me of persistence. She did a kids triathlon a few years ago, and we had done a really crappy job of preparing her - that is Eric had done a crappy job since that was his job. She got into the water, and the look or determination is great. Now comes the persistence. She swam her heart out, and was one of the last ones out of the water. She did not give up and kept going. She ended up doing well.

So that is the battlecry - Persistence and Determination.

No comments: