Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Only Way to Travel


Eric has this fantasy. It is the dream of the car trip. Let me tell you that I spend more time with all the kids than he does and the thought of being cooped up with bored children for an extended period of time makes me think "Pass the Zoloft." He, on the other hand, always thinks that a car trip would be so great. The longer the better. In times past, after a few hours the kids would get crazy, and he would get cranky, and I would be singing the "I told you so" song in my head.

Then, we got a new car with a built in DVD player. Let me tell you, this is the only way to travel. All five kids, glued to the TV and quiet. We can show movie after movie after movie. This allows for hours and hours of quiet kid free travel. For those of you who think that allowing my kids to watch hour after hour of movies is wrong, judge away. I can handle the judgement - sitting in my quiet car.

1 comment:

shamm said...

When it started out with "Eric has a fantasy" I got a little nervous. As someone who has made a 12+ hour trip between Idaho/Utah and California at least twice a year - I have a firm testimony of auto television.
Only thing I didn't seen in the pic were the snacks. need some munchies - and I know that for long car trips, Eric LOVES butterscotch candy!