It is Sunday evening, and I can let out a big sigh of relief. We made it through.


First thing Saturday morning, at 5:30 am, I took Kelsey to the JR HS so she could go to a choir competition at Fiesta Texas. They drove to San Antonio and back that day. The choir won all superior ratings and they took first place for their division! But, the most miraculous was that Kelsey rode Superman. (Kelsey gets her sense of roller coaster adventure from her mother).
The bus arrived back home at 1:00 am. Eric was on late duty and went to go and get her.
Sophie had a game on Saturday, and they won! They are undefeated and loving this season. Too bad they tied the number one team, so if we keep this up we will be second (and I am one of THOSE kinds of mothers...). Update since I wrote this - Eric logged on to the league website and we are number one! The first place team lost a game!!! Now I am really one of THOSE moms...
The real big thing for Sophie was that she spoke today in Stake Conference. I think that is cruel and unusual punishment to force an 11 year old to speak at Stake Conference, but she did amazing. Her delivery was flawless. My heart was pounding out of my chest because I was so nervous for her, but she did not look flustered at all.
Eric took the little girls and the scouts to the re-enactment of the Battle of San Jacinto. Our bishop participates each year, and they had fun there. It gave me time to work on the garage which is now clean - the last of the unpacking is done! Of course, we still have crap in the other garage to move over....
When you add the two school projects currently underway and the date for the boy on Sat night, it gets crazy, but that is what we signed up for with five kids!
Allie spent all of stake conference drawing, and her cards were FUNNY. I have scanned them and will share periodically. To start with I will give you Kelsey's and Ryan's.


In case you are wondering that is Kelsey on the couch telling Allie to go and get her a coke. Leave it to Big Al to provide us with humor.
4 comments:
LOL those cards are hysterical. Oh my goodness I have NO idea where Allie gets her sassy attitude from.
Way to go Sophie...I am so glad she did well. That is something I could never do...I hate speaking in sacrament meeting and I am an adult!
I will be watching for more cards. I wonder what Allie would put on one for me. LOL...
So glad to hear Sophie survived...and you too! I wish we could have been there to cheer her on! Way to go Soph!
haha, I LOVE the cards.. And Sophie really did a great great job.
That Allie is a crack up! How funny are those cards?? Poor Sophie, that is cruel, but I'm glad she made it! I was reading your other post as well about the jasmine. I love that stuff. Gardenias are great too.
Post a Comment