Friday, April 25, 2008

So Maybe I Am NOT That Smart Afterall

Do you remember a month or so ago, I had a rant about the readability test of my blog, and how it was better than Sarah's? I was high and mighty and very very wrong.

This is what I have discovered in my very scientific and thorough research. It is counter to what you think. If your blog has a readability score of elementary school, it means you know how to write a coherent and readable sentence that contains all the good stuff - subject, verb (I almost just wrote vowel which would only back up my theory), period, etc. The higher the rating the more educated you need to be because what is presented is not clear and concise.

My niece Hannah, whom I love and I think is the best most smartest 14 year old niece in the world had a readability of genius. Hannah has a type of dyslexia and the written word is not always her friend. That is what sealed the deal for me. (and by the way I think Hannah is a genius - and pretty cute as well).

So, there you go. For all of us who were walking around patting ourselves on our backs thinking we are SO SMART, not so much. I proclaim loudly that Sarah is smarter than me. Was there any question?? But now I do know how to use manicheism in a sentence - see I can be taught.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes. At last. You have come under my spell little grasshopper.

Melissa said...

LOL dont count on nice weather. It was nice the day before patrick came and then it snowed. All week is has been cold and it snowed again. I really think it should be over with now...we are clearly in the season of spring. The winter is just being selfish now.