Monday, April 07, 2008

Field Trip To The Zoo





Let me just start this by saying, I don't like field trips. I am sure that all the "good" moms out there are appalled, but what can I say? It just does not float my boat. Not very "nurturing" but hey it is the truth and that is what you come here for - the truth right?

I had a great excuse for years because the elementary school would not let you bring siblings on a field trip with older kids. Well, I had two younger ones, and I was good. Well, now the younger ones are seven, and I have run out of excuses other than, I hate field trips which is probably not the best thing to say to the bright eyed seven year old who thinks this is the best thing EVER.

So this year it is the zoo. All in all, it was not that bad. There was some whining by some kids - thankfully not mine. I am guessing it was too hard for them to walk? Not sure, but hey.

In all my pics of Caroline she is looking away. Nice. If you look closely you can see a Bald Eagle behind the two of them in the only good picture I got of Caroline.



This is Allie goofing off. There was a tube which went UNDER the fishes and she is letting you know she can't breathe. That child!



So, whew, another year of field trips done. A big check off my list. All five are outside swimming in the pool even as we speak. Gotta love a pool!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am jealous of a pool in the backyard. Well, maybe not quite jealous yet...it would be a handful with keeping Adam out of it. Maybe one day? Bart is very anti-pools though...big money pit in case you haven't heard his lecture on it.

It looks hot down there. We're warm in the 80's...but the kids looked HOT! at the zoo.

The Duncan Proect said...

There is something very "good motherish" about going on field trips. I went on quite a few when I wasn't working. It is usually the best place to talk with moms with overachieving children.

Melissa said...

I hate field trips too...they are not fun once you are the adult...especially when you have to be in charge of it all! I am dreading mine...end of April to a farm.

Heather said...

Way to go Carrie. Hayden is going to the zoo in May, and I though hmmm do I find someplace for Hope?? Not this year!

Melissa said...

LOL that picture of Allie has made me laugh so stinking much. She is such a hoot. I was showing my aide and she was like...it is too bad your family has no personality! I know...it is a shame.