Friday, April 04, 2008

My Baby Brother Turns 19!











Now, that makes me old! (because as we know it is all about me) Steven had his 19th birthday yesterday. Between driving and flying into and out of Mississippi, I did not get to talk to him, or give him a tribute, so here you go doodles.

Steven was born 3 weeks before I graduated from BYU. My parents came to my graduation with a newborn and a 2 year old (yes, that would be you Michelle). It was a very mormon moment - and seals that fact that Eric has been in the Linford family longer than Steven. Crazy but true.
So, since I have never done this for him, 19 things I love about Steven:

1. In every picture I have of him he is holding one of my kids - or being climbed on by one of them. Although he was an uncle at 1 year of age, he is a GREAT uncle.
2. He if very funny.
3. He was a wrestler until a broken collerbone took him out of commission.
4. He has a harem.
5. He is very smart - not so motivated - but very smart.
6. He is very mechanically inclined - even as a little kid he would take things apart and USUALLY put them back together.
7. He has the power of the schmooze.
8. He marches to the beat of his own drummer (that's how he rolls).
9. He is always willing to help out - he will jump to and do what is asked.
10. He has his mission papers ready to go.
11. He is the baby of the family in every sense of the word.
12. Since he has the whole upstairs to himself, he has constituted his own open door policy.
13. He likes to help me build things - well he helps anyway.
14. He is doodles.
15. He can hold his own with his sometimes obnoxious older brothers(his older sisters are perfect).
16. He tries to teach Ryan how to be social.
17. He grew up with three mothers (not a polygamy thing, just a large family thing).
18. He is an Eagle Scout (I wish I had the picture of the shorts...)
19. He is an all around good guy and GREAT brother.
Happy Birthday Steven!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

Sounds like Spence only athletic. Sweet!

King steveo said...

no you'll never get a picture....

Melissa said...

I would love a picture of the shorts!!!! Those were so classic. They were not even BYU approved.