
I flew home on Friday night, and my parents beat me down here. They were coming to see the new house, see the twins perform in the fine arts festival, see Sophie's game, see Kelsey perform in the fine arts festival, and finish Ryan's merit badges with him. Quite a lot in a short period of time!
They were troopers and we did everything. The twins and Kelsey did great, Sophie's team won, and Ryan has two blue cards ready to go! (now all we are missing REALLY is the eagle project!!! get going boy) It was great to have them here - even living close we don't see them as often as we would like. They have been travelling up a storm here lately - to Matt's graduation, to Patrick's basic training graduation, and to see us in the last three weeks. I think this is a sign of things to come - if you have ten kids, and they grow up and have kids and do great things, you will be busy.
You can see Allie has on a necklace in the pic (that was outside the HS). She asked my mom to put the necklace on her so that mom could tell she and Caroline apart. That is Allie, always thinking of others.
My mother has lost 166 pounds since last April 1. Yes you read that correctly - one hundred sixty six pounds. She looks great, and her health is 500% better. She has had type 2 diabetes and it was really bad for a while. She is now on NO insulin! It is great to have her running around like a kid. I pulled into the driveway and she was playing four square with Allie, Caroline and Sophie! That was a picture I needed. I got no pics of mom, but will have to get one when we go up there next!
So, thanks mom and dad for all you do. We love you and love it when you come. They left with about 50 drawings compliments of Allie and Caroline! That is what it is all about.
3 comments:
holy cow, 166 pounds!! that's incredible! I want to see a picture. That's too cute about the necklace.. very clever. I'm coming to Houston tomorrow, I'll give you a call to see if you can still get together wed!
Wow, good for your mom..that's awesome. Sounds like a fun weekend with Grandma and Grandpa..it doesn't get much better than that! And way to go to all the kids for doing so well.
Way to go Aunt Pat!!! Tell your mom congrats from me!
Post a Comment