Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It Takes A Mighty Good Husband To Be Better Than None

Stacey left me this quote on a recent post, and I totally agree. I am lucky enough to be married to a mighty good man, and this is our 20th anniversary. Today. Tax Day. While I am in Dallas at a show.
To celebrate I thought I would show some pictures of us through the years. Some did not scan so great, and most are embarassing. But hey, it is us.

This is when we were dating, December 1987.


A picture from our wedding day. We were married in the Dallas, Texas Temple. We were the last wedding in the temple before it was remodeled. We had to move our wedding date up four months to make it before it closed to renovate for a year! My parents thought we should just wait a year. We did not think that was such a great idea. Now that I am closer to the parent end, not the daughter end, I can see some wisdom...


A picture from our first year of marriage while we were both students. Scary hair and all. Circa 1989ish.


Mid 90s. We were in San Antonio for Eric to run the marathon. I wish I knew a date - post 1992... They say the mind is the first to go.




Our first cruise was for our 10th anniversary. We never had a honeymoon, so this was our chance. It was great.


It is a good thing we went on cruises since this was our only time to have pictures taken. This was about 2000.





My brother and sister-in-law got married in Vegas - in the temple. So we had a chance to get away and enjoy the Vegas Temple, which is gorgeous!




This is post twins, a few years ago. Maybe 2003 ish...





And, here we are 20 years, and five kids later.


We many not be as young as we once were, but I can say I love Eric more today than I did when we got married. I am grateful he is a mighty good husband, and we are in this together!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

This is, without a doubt, your best post EVER. The pictures are awesome, especially your affinity for leggings. When I saw the first picture, I was like, "Who's that girl hugging on young Eric?" Doesn't even look like you. But maybe there is a little Carolina thrown in there. Happy 20th. You've made it this far, so you might as well stick with it. That's my mantra. Ha!

jt said...

Congrats! That's saying something these days! Great family photo...

http://canyonsports.com/ said...

Happy Anniversary! We miss you and your family. I love the twin mullets in the first photo. I'll have to send you the todd version of the mullet someday. (well, maybe not). Enjoy.

Melissa said...

Ummm I think there was a typo in your first picture...I dont think you were just dating in Dec 2007...you were pretty much married. :) I think yo meant 1987. Ha ha ha.

The Duncan Proect said...

I love this pictoral walk down memory lane. I was with you during some of those photos. It makes me weep for thinner days when you motivated me to lose enough weight so I wouldn't have to be the "fat girl" on the cruise.
Love to both you and Eric on 20 years.

Jonah said...

I love it!! I can't believe how much Eric looks like Ryan (or the other way around) in the first picture! I love the twin sweaters!! (I also really like your hair short...very cute.) Anyway, congrats! You have such a great family and I have always admired you and Eric and your very sweet relationship. Hope you get to do something fun!

Ashley said...

Happy 20th!! I loved looking at these pictures, especially the matching sweaters in the first pic! 20 yrs, what an accomplishment! Congrats!

erica e said...

oh how fun to see all these pictures! Happy Anniversary! I love the matching sweaters from your dating days! I never see you in matching sweaters these days. :) We are so happy to live near yall and get to see your wonderful family often.

Heather said...

I love it! You guys are so cute! Does Ryan look like Eric or WHAT? Almost scary. I like the short do's!! Happy Aniversary.

Becca J said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I loved the pictures. It makes me wonder what we will say about ourselves 19 years from now! Ryan can look at his dad and know what he will look like as a man - because holy cow - they are identical. Looking forward to seeing you!

Julia said...

This was a really, really fun post to read/view. I loved looking at the pictures..Happy, Happy 20th Anniversary!

Melissa said...

What did yall do to celebrate? I hope you did something fun, cause you guys totally deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Those photos are so funny... you guys were just babies in your matching sweaters! Love the qoute about husbands too.

Ryan may look like Eric, but his smile is all yours, girl!

shamm said...

congrats. must be the botox, you youngsters still look like you are 23, 25 tops....