Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flying High



Another day of spring break down. Eric had made arrangements with one of his work folks who owns a helicopter to take the scouts up for a ride. They were able to go up two by two and see the area from above. They all thought it was great fun.

The girls and I stopped by toward the end to see the helicopter take off and land - oh did I say it was taking off and landing in the church parking lot? It was really cool. Of course Sophie and Kelsey wanted a turn, so the nice pilot went up one more time with the two girls and me. I felt a little sick taking off, but it was neat to see things from up there. Here is Kelsey in action.


If you look closely you can see Ryan in the passenger seat.



The twins were PISSED that they did not get a chance. That was two days in a row - no Big and Rich for them and no helicopter. We pacified them with Wendy's for lunch. This was a picture Eric took of them basking in the wind from the helicopter - it was funny.

So, for a boring spring break where we were not doing anything, it has turned out no so bad for the kids. Today will be the boring day - but Ryan is leaving for a two day backpacking trip with the scouts so it will just be Eric and the girls till Saturday.

4 comments:

Becca J said...

wow! What a great hookup! Looks like fun. That picture of the girls is hilarious.

Melissa said...

I love the twins and I can see them being ticked off! I am jealous.

Heather said...

Scary! Glad the kids liked it. We have spring break the first week of April, and I need to get on it, so we aren't just sitting around the whole time. Poor Ally and Caroline hahaha!!

erica e said...

ok, you guys are just about the coolest.