Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hard Time Getting Back In The Swing

I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of some travel. I have not had to be gone for a long time, except for having fun with my sisters, but a couple of days each week is messing with me. I have got to build my stamina back up. I am in Dallas right now, brought my running shoes, knee brace, even heart rate monitor but no clothes. I am thinking the folks in the fitness center don't want to see me running with just my knee brace and heart rate monitor on! I will spare everyone - I think that falls into the bad naked column.

I had my friend Wendy come and spend the night with me. She was the original creator of sister's weekend - at least I stole the idea from her. She has six children, and her youngest is the same age as the twins. Katie, Wendy's youngest, is a lot like Allie. She is funny. They call her the cruise director of their life. In some ways that fits for Allie, but she is really only concerned with making sure she has what she needs - well and Caroline. She always watches out for Caroline. Maybe it is the youngest child thing, but it is funny to see how all these youngest children are alike.

While she was at our house, the two little ones chatted her ears off. It is hard to get a word in with those two going. She, of course, felt right at home. She was a much better sport about it than I am with them!!! I am still working on the patience thing.

So I am going to try to get my life together. Really, I am just hoping to keep all the balls in the air...

4 comments:

Becca J said...

I think you should try out your new gym outfit.. a lot of girls are ;)

Jane said...

that's something i would do. thanks for the laugh.

The Duncan Proect said...

I think you should have worn a dress with tennis shoes. Warren Jeffs was in Texas before his recent capture.

Heather said...

Bad naked haha, is there really a good naked anymore...I'm not so sure :) Go hit the Target, you could always use some new running shorts!!!