So, this post will include some whining and if I thought I could figure out how to get the sounds on the computer some crying. I got up this morning at 4:00 am to get ready and catch a flight up to the DFW area for an all day demo. It was to have been a long day, but it was worth it not to leave my family on Sunday.
So, I get to the airport, even early, and get on my plane. We leave the gate. Then we go back to the gate. The airport in Dallas has been closed due to weather.
Fast forward four hours. I FINALLY leave Houston and arrive in Dallas. Run to my appointment very late. My partner was late as well, so we missed 1/2 a day of presentation which he is going to make up tomorrow. (even though I am a control freak and the thought crossed my mind I should stay, but I have no luggage and I need to get home).
So we cram as much as we can into today, and then I drive to the airport. Well the weather in Dallas has moved to Houston and my flight is delayed at least three hours. If it is cancelled, the first flight out is at 6:00 am and since this is because of weather, the airline will not pay for hotel.
The reason I have to get home is Caroline is sick. The nurse left me a message today - my phone was off. She called Eric. He was coming to get her, but was in Livingston a very long way from Houston and my friend Julia who was coming to help with kids went to get her (after she did not get off the bus with Allie). So, I am a bad mother - or is he a bad father for not dropping everything to get her? Anyway, she can't go to school tomorrow since she has a slight fever. I was supposed to go to court and help out a friend, but I will stay home and nurse Caroline to health...If I ever get out of this *&^%%$@*& airport.
So, in the end, under the BEST of circumstances, I will have had a 20 hour day, and I get to look forward tomorrow to taking care of a sick kiddo... Jealous anyone??
4 comments:
Yikes! Wish I was there to help out.
Good luck!
oh gosh carrie i WANTED to go get her. it would have been ridiculous for him to come being so far away when i was two streets over. i'm just glad i was there...and i went home right after so really it was NOT a big deal! gosh sounds just like you describe it though...a long, crappy day. we need part two- how/when did you get home?
That really bites, doesn't it? It would really suck to be stranded at a airport when all you want to do is get home to take care of your kids.
Sorry about your long, bad day. How's Caroline now? Hope she feels better soon. Poor baby.
You should have called me! I'll be a back up person. But no I am not jealous of you today :)
Post a Comment