

I have not had a chance to blog about the weekend, my grumpy mood on Monday would not allow me to remember the great day I had on Saturday.
Eric put together a birthday party for me. He really did everything. My brother Mark gave him a heads up that he really needed to do something, and then he went from there. He invited a group of friends to go to Lupe Tortilla for dinner, then we came back to the house for socializing and cake.
Sarah, being the true friend she is, realized how important the cake was and gave me that as my birthday present (she even brought 40 candles). She has a neighbor who makes AMAZING cakes, and it was as yummy as it was beautiful. It is nice when your friends get you - and cake is of course my favorite thing in life - chocolate to be specific.
It was fun to spend time with everyone, and my parents even came down from Dallas for the event (there were threats of retalliation for the Big Al 60th Roast, but Dad was nice to me). Mark and Jen braved the 'burbs and were on hand for the fun. It was a wonderful evening and I really appreciated it.

I got up the morning and ran. Eric made lunches for the kids and even breakfast for Ryan because he is taking the PSAT today - and we know that means a hot breakfast. The girls decorated my bedroom door with all kinds of nice signs. They came up with 40 adjectives to describe me - I don't really care for ancient, but it was WONDERFUL of them to do it for me. It is even an Ellen day, so it can't get much better than that.
8 comments:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like such a great day! Props to the hubby for planning a party :) That cake is so cute too - makes me want to make one just for fun.
My favorite is the Happy spelled backwards! What cute girls you have!
Becky-
the "yppah" note is from Caroline. She is our special child, as you will remember.
Caroline also has friends we have never met, and she speaks in languages not known to many. We are working on correcting her carney folk characteristics.
Happy Birthday Carrie, I'd call you on the phone,but it's 9:18, and when you wake up at the butt crack of dawn...like you do...I'm sure you're aleady in bed. The signs on the door was a nice touch. The cake WAS yummy! And Lupe's was the best.
happy birthday carrie!
Saturday was Adam's birthday too! Happy b-day to you...love being 40 & oh so fabulous!
Maybe I'll have Eric help me plan a 40th for Bart next year!
All those things are what make Caroline so great!! She is a girl of many talents!
I love the Breast Cancer awareness ribbon on the top one too!
Post a Comment