There I said it. I HATE the aftermath of Easter. The eggs strewn all over. And the grass. Who invented this stuff? It had to be someone who was trying to torture moms everywhere. It does not help that the people who live here are slobs. They throw their candy wrappers, and any garbage, right on the floor.This causes me to wonder where I went wrong as a mother. Are there not children out there who will all clean up their own messes? Are there not children out there who would not think of throwing the wrapper to their Reeses Egg on the floor? There sure seem to be some moms who tell me their children are very responsible. They would never do such a thing. So, where did I go wrong?
Am I not mean enough? I tend to think I am pretty mean, but maybe I need to be meaner? How do you instill a sense of responsibility in a six year old? Especially one who is the baby of the family, and is "too little" to do much of ANY work. If it were only the babies, it would be one thing. This conspiracy goes deeper than that -right up to the top.
Oh well. I have confiscated the easter baskets, the grass and most of the candy is gone. So, I guess I will call it a wrap on another easter.
On to the next mess.
2 comments:
This morning Spence indicated that I was mean because as a kid he is not capable of being responsible to comb his hair and brush his teeth to get ready for school. He needs support. Maybe we go back to the good old days when parents instilled the fear of God or physical abuse into their children to improve behavior.
Oh, I'm with ya!! I have not let one morsel of Easter grass into my house in the last 5 years, and the kids candy was in ziplock bags and the plastic eggs and baskets were in the attic before lunch on Easter Sunday!
Post a Comment