Monday, April 16, 2007

I Am An Old Woman


When I was in college, my roomates and I would comment on how old woman would talk about stupid things. How firm the peas are, how the azaleas are in bloom. We made a pact never to become weird old woman.

I am here today to break that pact. I have spent many hours driving across Texas the last few days. This is wildflower time. Right now the

wildflowers are BEAUTIFUL!! The contrast of the bluebonnets, indian paintbrush, green grass and blue sky is amazing. I liked to just look at the flowers and be amazed at the beauty which is Texas (Ok so that is going over the top, but oh well).

So, I will embrace my age. I will own that I am a weird old woman. I will enjoy the fact I can wax poetic about flowers at a time I should be working on a big proposal I need to get done. Anything to keep procrastinating....

Take a drive, look around and enjoy the flowers because they will be gone in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are totally not an old woman! You are very young and hip!

Anonymous said...

Aren't sisters the best? You are & I quote, "young & hip!" That's gotta feel good! I think everyone should enjoy beauty & that can't make you old!