Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Beginning of the next 30 Days of My Glamorous Life

My husband let me in on a secret. I will be gone 20 of the next 30 days. Then, we will be gone on vacation for a week. I know you are all jealous of my exciting life. It was at a high yesterday, when I had pulled up the carpet in our booth, on my hands and knees pushing an extension cord under the carpet so we could have power where we need it.

My ever so supportive husband called me on Tuesday night and asked what I was doing. Here is a playback of our conversation:

Eric: What are you doing:

Me: Folding laundry, getting the kids ready for bed.

Eric: Well, lucky you to tomorrow you get to go on vacation.

Me: Excuse me? Working 13 hours a day, standing in the booth real vacation!

Come on now. He was kidding (wasn't he?). I am leaving my room at 8:o0 am and I will not be back until 9:30 pm or 10:00 pm at which point I need to write a cover letter and do an executive summary for an RFP I am doing. This is after standing in a booth with NO CARPET PAD (pad costs more money you know) on the concrete floor for 7 hours, taking clients out to dinner, and going to a TLA bash. Vacation??? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have done two trade shows this year and it is no vacation whatsoever . . .good luck and wear comfortable shoes!
--Shauna P.