
One of the longtime traditions of Christmas is the making of the treats to take to neighbors and friends. This is one of those areas I am not always so good at being a mom. The kids love to come and to help. They live for this kind of stuff. But when they help, the stuff does NOT look like Martha Stewart made it. Let's be real for a second, when I make it does not look like Martha but I can pretend.
Well, this year I decided to go for being a good mom and not Martha. I let Sophie and Kelsey cut out many of the Christmas sugar cookies, until they got bored with it, and I let all four girls frost and decorate the cookies ALL BY THEMSELVES (I did watch for licking of the fingers for those of you who might have been the recipients of said cookies). They had a ball, and made a huge mess. Allie was pretty good at it, but Caroline could not find her groove. She loved piling on the sprinkles, and many of the cookies had more sprinkles than cookie!
I did the Rachel Ray fudge, because it always works. I was going to make English Toffee and Divinity, but lets just say a candy maker I am not. After two batches of English Toffee that did NOT WORK, I gave up and just went for peppermint bark, because again, it always works.
The girls had fun running the treats around and there are even some for Eric's HT families. All in all, I would call it a successsful treat making adventure.
2 comments:
I want your peppermint bark recipe!! I love that stuff!
You are my hero.
Post a Comment