Sunday, December 10, 2006

Firetruck Santa


Each year Santa comes to Lakewood Grove with some help from our friends at the Cypress Creek Volunteer Fire Dept. This year was no exception. The fun thing about this year is Kelsey and Sophie got to ride on the truck as he went through the neighborhood, compliments of Mike Huffman. Megan called and asked the girls if they wanted to go, and of course they jumped on it (look for them on the right hand side of the long pic).

Allie and Caroline, see how I did not say babies, were upset because they did not get to go. Allie asked me, "How come me and Caroline don't get to go on the firetruck?" (see how honest I am - I did not write the question with correct grammar, but rather how she said it. I did correct her but the two of them have some real issues with speech and they both do the same things which only exacerbates the problem) I digress. Back to the conversation. I told her she could not go because she was not big.

Enter the firetruck and Santa. On top of the truck is a boy from her class. This of course prompts the question, "How come Collin gets to go on the firetruck? I am as old as he is." I can't win for losing. The answer, because you were not invited and the girls were invited.

Now, Allie is in a race for the most dramatic member of our family - and let me tell you that is quite a tight race. Four girls and one teenage boy create lots of drama. The problem with Allie is she is such a faker. She got all teared up to give me her sob story about how it was not fair. I looked at her and said, "Knock it off." Her response. She stopped, and started laughing. See what I mean - DRAMA QUEEN.

So, we have had our second run in with Santa this year. All without a trip to the mall!! It's a festivus miracle.

2 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

I

The Duncan Proect said...

I have been thinking about you lately. I love your blog and feel like I know your children better through the pictures.