
I am afraid this might be a bit of whining. I am up to my eyeballs in parental duties. Last night was soccer, a football game (which we won't talk about) and Kelsey's Meet the Teacher. All at approximately the same time. My head is going to explode. We managed to cover everything, and now we are looking at just a few things tonight, but by Monday it will all rev up again.
I am tired. This morning as I got up to make everyone's lunches again, I wanted to spit. It is a little crazy to make 6 sandwiches each day (Ryan eats two), and then remember who likes Lays chips, who likes Doritos and which ones like grapes or pineapple. We have done a variety of make your own lunch routines - everyone make your own, everyone takes a day and makes them for everyone, but we always seem to come back to mom. I could make them at night - no wait I can't I am not home at night!
But then I hear stories of parents who have lost a child, or children who are not healthy and I have to stop myself. I have five healthy, beautiful (albeit messy), children and if my worse gripe in life is I have to attend their various activities and make their lunches I should shut up and be grateful. My Mary Englebreit page a day calendar had this a few days ago and I think it sums it up:
Enjoy the little things,
for one day you may look back
and realize they were big things.
-Robert Brault
So, shut up Carrie. There, now I feel better. Who needs a therapist when you have a blog?
4 comments:
I hate making lunches too. I wish I could afford to just let them buy lunch every day...but $150 a month for school lunch won't fly.
I don't know how you do it with all you guys have going on. I would be in the fetal position in my closet. I guess I only have a few more years until I'm there though.
I blogged about my ME calendar today too. I love all the happy little sayings, it does put things into perspective sometimes, huh? Lunches, yeah I only make three and it's not so fun. Yes, and who needs a therapist when you have a blog!!! Amen.
Makin no lunches. I rely on the government to tend to my child's nutritional needs.
Today, I rushed home from the office to pick up Michaela from activity days. I was 20 minutes late thinking should I lie and say traffic was bad or just bite the bullet and say I was busy getting to me time with a colleague. I chose to lie. Better to leave them with the pretense that I am a responsible parent.
i liked this post. you are such a good mom. haha about the blog being a therapist, although my thing is that you never know who is looking....
Post a Comment