Thursday, September 06, 2007

It Feels Like Friday

Does it not? These long weekends really mess with my sense of what day it is. I am sure it should be Friday, but if it was I would be in San Antonio for the day and since my bottom is firmly planted on my chair at my desk, I am pretty sure it is Thursday.

I had a weird sensation last night I thought I would share (it is G rated, so no worries). Caroline came home and thrust a flyer for Girl Scouts in my hand. She REALLY wants to do it, so I needed to read it start to finish. My first reaction was, "OK whatever we will see." This is really code for no way, I don't have time and what I am doing for your three older sibs is more than I can handle right now.

Then it hit. Guilt. For anyone who knows me, you know I live a VERY guilt free existence. I don't feel guilty about much of anything - especially where the kids are concerned. But I did feel guilty. Why is it her fault she was born last? Does that mean she will not be able to participate in anything extra-curricular because her parents decided to have five kids? That does not seem fair (and I am a big life is not fair so get used to it kind of gal).

So, I have not told her, but I think I will go to the orientation meeting and see what the deal is. How much do I need to participate? I was a girl scout, and I did love it. PLUS, and this is a big one, we will have a direct link to GS cookies. Wait, maybe that should be a negative.

So, there you are. I am human. I do feel things, even guilt - just not so often.

Have a happy THURSDAY. (I have to keep telling myself it is Thursday).

7 comments:

Heather said...

Sign that girl up. Just don't volunteer to be the group leader and you are good. She'll LOVE it.

Heather said...

PS how did you get so guilt free on stuff? I have all kinds of guilt! haha

erica e said...

Be sure to send Caroline our way when girl scout cookie time comes around. We like to overindulge on Thin Mints and Samoas.

Julia said...

i liked this post. you're such a good mom.

Melissa said...

Yes I agree...she should do girl scouts! She will love it...if I lived in Texas I would gladly take her to those events, and even help out! :)

Sarah said...

Welcome to the dark side. It's very tiring in here. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (that's maniacal laughter for ya).

Tara said...

I think you'd have to ignore guilt most of the time if you had 5 kids or else you'd go nuts! You're an awesome Mom!