
Kelsey had her first meet last night. Eric took the parental duty to attend and cheer her in. Since running has always been his thing, I think that is great. It gave them time together.
In true Kelsey fashion, Eric saw her about 1/4 mile from the end. He was trying to cheer her on by saying "Go Kelsey." While she is running by, she says, "Be quiet dad, you are embarassing me."
She did great. Right in the middle of the pack. There were over 150 runners, so there was pushing for position going on. This was new for her. She finished and she loved it. She is really turning into her father's daughter - she is loving running.
I guess it is a family affair. I went out and did six miles with my running group this morning. I so look forward to this group. I run with a friend. It is perfect, because we are the same pace. We just talk and get caught up for the week, and then our run is done. It is so rare to find someone you don't feel you are holding back, or who is holding you back (although that has NEVER happened to me). So, it was a good morning. Now if we could just cool off a bit. There is a rumor of a morning low in the 60's tomorrow. I might have to go out for a short run and take advantage of it.
We have a socer game at 3:30 - nice and toasty warm. Then we have the Cougars of BYU, not to be confused with the Cougars of Tomball, to cheer on and hope for a win.
We went to the HS game last night. Can I just say I really like HS football? I like the band, the cheerleaders and all it stands for. We left shortly after 1/2 time because Allie and Caroline were laying on the bench trying to sleep, I was tired, Eric had to prepare for a meeting he had this morning, and the Cougars were getting killed. We were fair weather fans.
Enjoy Saturday!
4 comments:
That's awesome Kelsey is running cross country! I tried it in jr. high - never stuck. High school football down there IS tons of fun! I think my family was there too.. at least, the last I heard! Way to go for running six miles... I need a running buddy again ;)
we were at the game friday night too! although, of course, on the other side. way to go for y'all for running...gosh that is just soo not my thing so i really admire people that do it.
Way to go Kelsey! I don't envy your 3:30 game. Rachel's was at 1:30, but it was a cool in the high 70's!
Jared and the kids went to a HS game on Friday too...I stayed at home with Seth and watched it on tv...They broadcast all the highschool games on tv here!!
Way to go Kelsey!! Good running buddies are the best!
Post a Comment