I don't like when it gets messed up!! (Yes Laurie, I too have things I am a little anal about as well)
Since school has started and we have been on a schedule, I have been going out between 5 and 5:30 for a run. I LOVE going out, getting it done and I even love the feeling of sweating so much my eyes are burning from the sweat (as Heather says, that just means I am well hydrated!). I have found this weird love of running as of late - like the I can't go and I am bummed kind of thing. I have never been athletic, in the true sense or in the Linford sense, but I have really been liking this.
Anyway, back on topic. I was planning a five mile run this morning with my friend Kim since I will be gone tomorrow and can't do my regular saturday run. We were supposed to run 5 miles this week, so Kim and I were set. I got up at 5:00. I had the news on and saw big storms south of here, but did not hear rain so we were good. Not so much. She got here and there was lots of lightening. Dang it. We thought about going out anyway, but that would be a really stupid way to die.
So she left and I was feeling bummed. I was really looking forward to it (crazy but true). 20 minutes go by. Lightening goes away. So, I just went out for 3. Not what I had planned, but I ran fast (Carrie fast not real fast) and it felt good.
So, I am glad the kids are back at school, and I have my butt back on a schedule. Now, if I could do something about the fact the kids are continually leaving all morning - from 6:00 (5:40 next week) until 8:10. Makes for a long morning.
But, as I watch the big yellow bus cart my youngest offspring away each morning, and I enter the quiet house I just smile. Is that wrong?
5 comments:
i think it to be very goofy to write on a spouses site, but I could not pass on this one.....
Carrie's passion for this running thing is the same passion I had 20 years ago.....it is an undeniable feeling that one feels completely awful if he/she doesn't get in that work out on a daily basis..... you go Carrie....i am proud of you...I will always be there to hand you a gatorade bottle when you get in from that sweaty run....
Aw, I'm reminiscing of our Saturday 9 mile run... From the house, down that long trail, and back! (or even the 5 mile run in that neighborhood) There is NO way I could do that now. That's awesome you wake up so early to get the run in. I tried for a while, but did not succeed. I'm hoping with my new schedule ;) I'll find time between class and work! Way to go!
Nothing like a good sweaty run to show you what you're made of, you are tough stuff, go Carrie!!
you go girl!!!
Post a Comment