Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What Do These Three Things Have In Common?


Eric called me from work the other day. The people he work with had made him a poster - "The Many Faces of Eric" These were the three images they felt described him.

Michael Scott I get. He is the boss who wants to be everyone's friend, says stupid things he deos not mean, spends much of his time being CLUELESS. We, at home, have called Eric Michael Scott for a long time. Funny his co-workers see it as well. We just had a discussion about not promising fun trips and prizes to the kids without thinking them through. But, that is Michael - and that is Eric.
I had never thought about Lord Farquaad. For those of you who have not seen Shrek, he is described in Wikipedia as "Lord Farquaad is the comically short-in-stature, ruthless ruler of the huge castle of Duloc. Several times in the film it is commented that, in Duloc's towering height, Farquaad may be compensating for something (in reference to his height)." I saw another website which referred to him as tyrannical. OK - I guess I can see this one. Maybe not nice, but I can see it.

Now, I am a little concerned about the cupcake. Because he likes to eat dessert? Because, compared to Bubba Jo Construction, he is considered "Metro?" Or could it be because they think he is cute (it was a group of women who put this together). You pick the answer.

All in all, I think it is very funny. We have it on the fridge and the kids think it is hilarious - especially Ryan.
For those of you who know and love Eric, if you have your own interpretation, please feel free to comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to have Bart consider this & leave his comment on the cupcake scenario! Now that he's 52 lbs slimmer, I'm worried about the other women too...and how much he's loving it! :)

Becca J said...

Cute! how about a Dr. Pepper? or coke? Whatever it was he brought to seminary and stuck underneath a table, behind a table leg.. so "people" would not get offended.

Heather said...

The first two yeah I can see, but I don't really get the cupcake...I'm with becca, a coke can would have been better. Love the Michael Scott thing though.

Jonah said...

That is funny!! We love Eric. He's got the best stories...or you have the best stories about him.

I'm still working on the banner...but I finally have a title. Baby steps...