This morning was a perfect example of why I feel like I am at the end of my rope all the time.Ryan and Kelsey had a dentist appointment, because they were not here when the other three went and since I had forgotten when the other three were going, it was not good. I was lucky to get them in.
I also had a conference call with a library board president in which I had to answer questions, and try and close the business. At the same time.
Oh and all this needed to be done in one hour so I could get Ryan to driver's ed on time.
I am flexible. I sent the kids in to the dentist, and waited for the call. While I was on the phone, Ryan came back down. Why you ask? The dentist office needed my signature before they could start. The clock was ticking down... I finish up as soon as I can, run upstairs and sign the documents, and step into the hall to call the office so I can get the contract started. (yes we did get the business) While on the phone with the office, Ryan comes out with another question - do we want x-rays to look at wisdom teeth?
Now, while works knows I have five kids and I am trying to work around them, I don't think they know the extent to which I am multi-tasking. So, while trying to cover the phone, I tell Ryan yes, get back to contract stuff, and get off the phone just in time to have the dentist come and check Kelsey.
We finish up at the dentist, check out and I have three minutes to get Ryan to driver's ed. He can be up to ten minutes late and still count the class as good, so I demonstrate BAD driving skills to get him there.
I then need to go home, do some email for said contract, go to Costco and get food, all before I am due back to pick up Ryan at 12:00.
See a theme? I am losing my mind here folks! And Eric wonders why I can't be better about monitoring how much soda the kids are drinking each day. Are you kidding me? I am glad if everyone is alive and kicking at the end of each day!
All I can say is good thing I am a woman because there is NO WAY a man could do this much multi-tasking... (hence the Rosie picture)
5 comments:
You go girl! Luckily, I can only IMAGINE what you are going through.... ;)
Jared tried to impose big TV and computer rules around here--RIGHT!! I'm supposed to unpack, and entertain everyone ALL day? NO WAY.
Hope things settle down. Wish we were there to play!!
I love you Carrie...if I can ever help...let me know! You know I can come to Houston and help with kiddos...:) Julie wanted me to watch her little ones while she went to girl's camp...but unfortunately I am in training. :(
You are incredible! How do you do it all? I'm already developing nervous tics and I only have 2!
I so get your life. There is a part of me that is in total resistance to my life. I don't want to work for pay. You see either way you work but when you are employed outside the home as well you worry more about being found out. Like participating on a conference call while breastfeeding a baby and trying to keep a 1 1/2 year old from screaming through the door and knowing you need to go to the bathroom. Oh the insanity. We thought it would get better once the children were older....at least with the babies, they didn't talk back.
Post a Comment