Here is one for you.
Wednesday morning, I got up, took a shower, actually did my hair (no, that is not the miracle), did some work, took Ryan to Driver's Ed, went to Costco, came home and unloaded, picked Ryan up and took Kelsey and Caroline to Justice to look for first day of school outfit and some shorts my niece Hannah needed. (this was by noon BTW).
So, we are working our way through Justice, trying to get Caroline away from the toys and look at clothes, and I look down and my wedding ring is gone. Now, it is my routine to take my ring off at night and loop in on my watch band. Each morning I put the two on. But, I was doing alot that morning and I thought, who knows. I am sure it is at home.
I called Ryan at home to see if it is on my dresser. Nope. I put it out of my mind, because I am sure it is just been misplaced somewhere. I come home and rip apart my room. No ring. I get all the kids to help me. No ring. We say a prayer. No ring.
I keep thinking, I know it is irrational, but did it fall off at Costco? I have had the ring for 19 years and it has never just fallen off somewhere, but who knows. Caroline and I go back to Costo, get on our hands and knees and search. (BTW - Costco floors really clean). No ring. I ask if someone had turned it in. No.
At this point I am sick. Where could it be? How could it be gone? I try and push it to the back of my mind, but it keeps popping up. I keep looking. No ring.
Eric and I were going out on Saturday - my night to eat whatever during the week. Before we left I was talking to Kelsey about the ring. I was thinking out loud that we should call Justice and see if it is there. Maybe that is why I noticed it at Justice because it had fallen off. Well, another day. Eric and I head out.
I get home, and I am settled down with my friend Harry Potter, I am about 1/2 way done, and the phone rings. It is Justice. Kelsey had called while I was gone to say I was looking for a lost wedding ring. Just then, 9:30 PM whe they were sweeping up, they found it!
Can you believe it? I lost it on Wednedsay, and it was not found until Saturday after Kelsey called. It was on the floor of Justice the whole time! I got the ring, and thanked them profusely. Came home and thanked Kelsey - our hero.
The best part of the story? Kelsey's YW advisor (or SS teacher) Sis Grover had given them a lesson on Sunday and asked them to pray and see if Heavenly Father is really there. She had been praying, and felt after we went out she needed to call Justice. This is an answer to her prayer - HF is there and listens.
So, I am grateful for kids who listen to the spirit and people who teach my children to have faith and ask questions. It was worth the frustration for me in losing my ring to have Kelsey walk away with a knowledge that her HF listens to her and knows what she needs. Oh, and I am grateful I found my ring!
Off to finish Harry Potter (you have to say that with an English accent you know). Happy Sunday.
7 comments:
Wow.. that is a miracle. What a great experience for Kelsey too - one that she will always remember and reflect on at doubting times. I'm glad you found your ring... makes me want to be more careful with mine.
I'm sooo glad you found it. And that Kelsey gets credit. That really is miraculous. Better consider having the ring sized.
wow...i'm so glad you got your ring!! way to go kelsey, i'm always amazed by her. you should tell heidi grover that story, it would mean a lot to her i'm sure.
Wow.What a life lesson for Kelsey. Are you sure it wasn't a feeble attempt to trade up to the 2 carat diamond you so richly deserve. I have missed talking to you my friend. Maybe this week.
okay--that post made me cry! Great story. Glad you found your ring. I know where mine is--in my jewelry box waiting to fit on my finger again someday!!
That is very cool. I'm so glad you found it and that you have a good girl named Kelsey at your house!
I lost my rings for about 3 hours while we were packing. It makes you feel sick! Yea for Kelsey-what a great lesson for everybody.
Post a Comment