Thursday, July 12, 2007

Some Pearson Family Fun




Over the weekend we had lots of Pearson Family fun. Friday night Bart and Amy came to stay with us in preparation of the trip to Athens to Aunt Karen's Farm. I suppose it is Uncle Steve's Farm as well, but to my kids it is Aunt Karen's Farm.

The kids had fun playing with their cousins, and then had to go to bed early for the trek to Athens. It took us about three hours. Once there it was fun, fun, fun all day. Karen and Steve have a new pool, and the little ones swam in the pool all day. Aunt Vickie offered to watch the little girls so Eric, Ryan, Sophie and I could go out to the lake on the boats.

We had a blast - tubing, wake boarding, and enjoying the FIRST day with no rain in a long time. Sophie came so close to getting up on the wake board. If we had more time I am sure she would have.

We had to turn around and come home that night so Eric could go to work on Sunday, so it was a long day - but it was fun! We do not always get to see all the members of Eric's family very often now that everyone is living all over the US. It is nice to come together, and the farm is a great place to gather. Thanks Karen!

5 comments:

Jonah said...

how fun!! Is Kelsey still in CO??
I got the terrible report about possible chicken pox. Rachel was terribly upset about that. Let us know the status of our Sophie!

Becca J said...

That looks and sounds so fun! We love wake boarding... Sophie and I are probably at the same level! haha - it's not easy!

Jane said...

Sounds like a great vacation! I"m glad you had some sun too.

Anonymous said...

Cody was thrilled he made it to the blog! He looked at me like, "how am I on the computer?" He has seen my blog, but not yours. My 8 year old thinks he's famous now.

Oh yeah, I have an 2 awesome recipes that I invented...so low fat, healthy, easy & super yummy...when I get a chance, I will post to my blog for y'all!

Andy & Jennica Weeks said...

Hey Carrie...it is your long lost niece Jennica! I know it has been FOREVER, but I found your blog through the cousins and Amy :) I am so glas to see you have a blog!!! I have one too, if you want to see pics of my little 6 month old baby check it out :) I can't believe how much your family has grown!!! I have never even met your youngest three and they are all grown up. :( It really makes me sad. I hope all is well and tell Eric and the kids I said hello.