OK - in the last seven months the most I have been able to eek out is 3 - and that is with some serious walking along the way. But, this morning I went out with Eric and one of his running groups (which today consisted of two other "coaches" and me) and I made it four miles. The guys were nice enough to stay with me - I am sure they wanted to go out and jump ahead, but the didn't. And BTW - the only reason Eric stayed with me was those two guys.
I think starting up with the Champions group has motivated me. I really like the Champions Fit group. Last week we had 190 runners (and some joggers like me) and you get a real enthusiasm by running with them. Eric is also "coaching" the green Champions group. This is the really fast people who know what they are doing. I am in the blue group - those who want to run the 1/2 marathon. Some of us are brand new. Some have run before. All need help to keep motivated.
So, if you are looking for some running motivation join us at the YMCA on Saturday at 7:00 am. It is quite the scene. Maybe you too can get motivated!
6 comments:
Way to go!! I am impressed!
I just stopped breastfeeding & have no more excuses...the diet needs to start. I am hoping that when kids are back in school, I will be able to follow your lead and get healthy & slim.
Congrats on the 4 miles! I still don't know how you work, have 5 kids & still have time for yourself...I know, I know, early in the morning, but I just can't do early in the morning!
That is so cool...I am happy to hear that Eric is still a runner and that you are doing so well! I am proud of your success, keep it up!!! I am sure you feel GREAT :)
That sounds like so much fun! I'd love to be able to do that...
Congratulations Carrie! I so want to join a running group, but I'm so scared that I will be laughed at and pointed at and ridiculed:) I'm REALLY slow. But hey, I'm faster than the guy that didn't get off his couch. When is the half?
You are my hero.
Post a Comment