Saturday, January 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Sophie!


It is hard to believe Sophie is 10. She has moved into the double digits of life. There is no going back now.

Sophie was, by far, our HARDEST baby. She had colic that lasted all day for the first six months or so of her life. I remember I was nursing her, and took everything fun out of my diet trying to help. It did not. She cried morning, noon and night. Ryan and Kelsey were not so sure why we thought it was good to bring this crying thing home.

I had to go to ALA when she was about six months old. Since she was so little and nursing, Eric came with me and he stayed with her all day. He would give her soy formula during the day and she was great. I would nurse her at night and she would cry. That was it, on to soy formula we went. She still was very temperamental, but we could handle it because it was better than she was before. Even her one year old portraits contain a red faced, crying Sophie.

As she got older, and moved from toddler, to child, she has become my easiest child. She is a very easy going, helpful, friendly kid. She works very hard in school and for the moment has the highest GPA of the Pearson kids. (That may change in time, but right now the title is hers). She is very caring and wants to make sure everyone has a friend. She does not get caught up in the "girly" wars, and wants everyone to get along.

Her one downside, if I had to find one, is her sense of style. She has one, I suppose, but it involves tee shirts and jeans. I will get her cute clothes (not girly because we can't have that) but cute outfits. She still comes down in jeans and her favorite tee shirts - her Lakewood Elementary Shirt, her Diabetes Halloween Party shirt, and her Turks and Caicos shirt. Those are three staples to the wardrobe. If that is my only complaint, I am a lucky parent.

She is our athlete. She is on the verge of moving to select soccer, and I am sure all our lives will change. She is also pretty good at tennis, softball, and football. Pretty much anything with a ball is hers.

She claims to abhor all things "girly." However, I have found her watching Kelsey put on makeup with a keen interest. Trying to find church clothes is nothing short of torture, but we keep trying.

She has the most beautiful blue eyes. They are crystal clear, and I am sure will drive the boys crazy when she gets older (she now wants to die a thousand deaths for me mentioning that to the world).

Here are a list of her favorites right now:

Food: Apples and Grapes
Restaurant: Pei Wei
Movie: Benchwarmers
TV Show: Suite Life of Zach and Cody
Song: Daughters by John Mayer

We love Sophie and are grateful to have her in our family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie!!! Love, Cody, Honor, Adam, Uncle Bart & Aunt Amy...We love you!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie! I always thought you were one of my cutest cousins when you were a baby! (And you still are.) Have a great b'day! Love, Tara