
While we were in Dallas, Megan's boyfriend, Blake, came to visit and meet the family. They have been dating for a while at school, and I am not going to give any kind of an editorial comment here other than to say he came to meet the family.
While he was there, we decided to take him to a North Texas Fav - Babe's Chicken House. They make, as you might guess, chicken. Fried Chicken. The only other thing on the menu is Chicken Fried Steak (do you see a theme here?) The sides include homemade biscuits, homemade mashed potatoes with gravy and homemade creamed corn. It is North Texas healthy eating at it's best. But let me tell you - it is tasty. It is a small place, and people wait for hours to get in. The decor is redneck chic, and the sites and tastes can't be duplicated.
Blake received a coveted Christmas gift this year - a Wii. While I had heard of them, I thought OK another video game big deal. Oh was I wrong. He was nice enough to let everyone play, even the babies. They thought it was big fun to try and play tennis, baseball and watch all the action. Blake even sat there and taught them what to do showing his extreme patience with five year olds. I took a turn at the tennis, and lets just say the only person I beat was Allie. But, it was a smashing victory!
We enjoyed meeting Blake and his Wii. He was even a big sport and played Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture with us - we always play boys vs. girls. We won't say who won because I think the game was fixed, but it was fun.
2 comments:
I almost thought Megan was Sophie! There's some family resemblance there! Hey, there's a Babe's Chicken House right down the street from our church with a big red firetruck out front- is that the same? We've been wanting to try it out- now we have to! It was fun seeing yall Sunday!
I say the Wii on Dr. Phil! It looks pretty cool! The boys got a Jedi training game for christmas thatis the same concept (only $24.95) you have a lightsaber that the game thing interacts with and you fight all the bad guys from Star Wars...much better than pong right?
Post a Comment