Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year, New Project


What would the new year be without a construction project? We have been lax, read that as lazy, about doing things around the house lately - and with five kids this house takes a beating. Eric has been wanting to redo the floor for a while. Our carpet, while not that old, was full of kid, and many dad coke, stains.

Since we were waiting for Ryan to finish his ONE last project for his Family Life merit badge (his last before his Eagle project), I got the idea for him to help Eric and have this count. Brilliant I think. It has caused the two of them to work together, taught Ryan about how to lay a tile floor, and I think they have had fun with it.

This picture was taken after day one - much of which was spent driving to not one, but three Home Depot stores to acquire the correct amount of tile. It is much further along now - in fact the computer has been disabled leaving only my laptop as the working computer in the house. That should keep everyone motivated. Tonight we take apart the TV, but need to figure out a way to keep the satellite and DVR going. Eric said to just put it on a card table and he will work around it. Good plan, I just need to do that. Since Mr. Dish Network came and installed the thing, I have not really looked at how it is put together. I just need to make sure I can get it all correct later this week.
Off to get the kids out the door, run my 30 minutes, shower and be ready for my 9:30 conference call/training. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jonah said...

WOW! You guys have been busy! I love the tile!