Directions which strike fear and loathing into the hearts of mothers everywhere. OK, at least this one.
I took Caroline to the doctor on Wednesday because her ear hurt. We have the WORST ears in the history of america at chez Pearson. Sophie has even had TWO sets of tubes. But, when Caroline first told me her ear hurt I told her we would deal with it later. If I ran to the doctor each and every time someone told me somthing hurt I would live there. So, the next day same thing - my ear hurts. Let's talk about it tomorrow was my response.
So, day three I decided maybe we need to go to the DR. Can I just say here that I LOVE the after hours clinic? I called while bringing the older ones to YM/YW and they got me in by 8:00. While sitting in the waiting room I asked Caroline, which ear hurts? Her response, "I don't know." What do you mean you don't know? Does it hurt now? Her response, "No."
I then ask, "So why are we here?" Her response, "I don't know, because you brought me?" I think to myself, if I am wasting time here I am going to kill this child. But, I don't say that because I am at the DR office and they have a direct line to Child Protective Services.
Needless to say, she does have a RAGING ear infection, which does prompt a little of "the look" from the doctor. You know the look - why did you not bring this child in sooner? Then came the medicine. 1 1/2 teaspoons, twice a day for ten days. You have got to be kidding me. With all the advanced in medical science can we not come up with a patch for this stuff? You can control conception with a patch, get rid of nicotine cravings with a patch, why can't you cure an ear infection!!!
The good news, Caroline is quite taken with the medicine, so she reminds me. To date, we have not missed a dose. Check back on day seven...
1 comment:
I have had many of those visit's myself. I agree there should be easier ways...I always like it when they just give them the big daddy shot! Next time ask for that!
Post a Comment