Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not To Be A Broken Record

but still no power. I guess Centerpoint has posted this map outlining when people will get power (maybe).

http://www.centerpointenergy.com/staticfiles/CNP/Common/SiteAssets/doc/Est.%20Restore%209.17%202pm.pdf


Here is the problem. I am map challenged. They don't have 249 on the map, and certainly don't show Louetta so here is the question. Are we on the scheduled for Friday, or don't hold your breath forever (OK after Monday) area? I think we are on the line, but if we are not don't judge me. Any help in decoding the map would be appreciated.

I am very grateful that we have a great place to stay. My kids have loved playing with cousins, and Kelsey and Sophie got to spend the night with Aunt Julie (in case you are wondering she is WAY more fun than mom). But, I am a little bit of a planner. I kind of want to know when we can get back to normal. Is there going to be a normal again?

Eric is a trooper. He is working, getting a jump on his insurance claim for his job, and going home to the non-electrified house each night. He has a much better attitude than I do - that is a shocker I know.

So, we should not complain but.... I just can't help it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously. Orient yourself from the 610 loop and 290. Looks like you are free and in the clear for Friday, if the map can be believed. I'm not judging you...but I may be mocking you...just a little tiny bit. Get yourself home!!

Jonah said...

I'm thinking you're okay...but pay attention to the disclaimer to the bottom of the map. Are you ever REALLY okay??

Eric is probably enjoying having the pool all to himself!!!

Hope you get power soon...

Lisa said...

Paul's sister appears to be clearly dark blue (after Monday?) and they got power yesterday. So who knows.

I hate being displaced as well. I like my schedule and routine.

Laurie said...

I sure hope it is Friday! (Tomorrow!!) Since the schools have been cancelled, do they tack days on at the end of the year? How does that work?

I'd hate being displaced too. I can't stand the "unknown". I think you are being a great trooper!