



This is our old house. You can't really tell from this picture, but there is a tree on the roof - really through the roof. It put two holes in the master bedroom, which put a lot of water in the master, and the water seeped down the the bottom floor which has a couple of inches of water. I think the weight of the water might crash through the master. Our neighbor told us we are lucky we are out of there. Luckily, no one was hurt!
Here are some pics from Lakewood Forest:



Mind you, this is all 60 plus miles inland, on the "clean" side of the storm.
Now, let me just say, pioneer woman I am not. But, we did manage to make bacon and eggs on the bbq grill. It was still raining, so I was ever so grateful for our port-e-cache. We pretended it was a big camping trip - one that never ends with heat and mosquitoes.


The kids and I had enough and have evacuated to Dallas. We are now basking in the hospitality of Chez Linford. There is no school until at least Thursday. Still no power for us. Still not much gas to be found in Houston. This one will take a while to dig out from.
Through it all we have felt very blessed. We are all safe and healthy. No major damage to our house. Our biggest loss is the fridge and freezer contents. Big deal. Thanks for everyone who was worried about us. We appreciate your thoughts and calls.
10 comments:
Carrie,
I'm so glad y'all are okay! How crazy! Especially you're old house!! I'm so glad y'all aren't living there anymore and have to go through all of that.
Anyways, glad you have a close-ish place to retreat too. Its crazy to think nothing huge like this ever happened when I grew up in Htown. So glad y'all are okay and damage-less. Hope power gets back soon so you can return to normal life!
Wow, that is CRAZY!!! I am so glad you guys and your house are all okay, I have been worrying about all of you down there.
I'm so glad you and your house are okay. We spent Friday night worrying about all of Paul's family in Houston--some who stayed, some who left. All are okay with minimal property damage. Paul's sister lives in Clear Lake, brother in Pearland, parents in Pasadena, aunt/uncle and grandma/grandpa in Friendswood. It was a sleepless night here.
Enjoy Chez Linford.
It seems weird to see trees split like they were toothpicks. I am so glad Eric skimmed the pool to get it ready for all the debris...The pictures on the news from the buildings downtown with all their windows missing are amazing...WOW.
Enjoy grandmas, my kids are jealous!
Glad yall are doing okay and kicking it at Dad and Moms. Im jealous...I want to be in Texas.
We've been hoping you guys were ok, thanks for the update & pictures. The bacon and eggs looks delish, good job on that! My kids would be loving that one. I hope the cleanup is quick and you are back to normal soon.
What great photos...your old house!...Whew, you must be glad it's sold!
If you want to have little girls over to play, Honor has PM kindergarten and is home until 12 everyday. Cody is out at 3PM. Anyone that wants to come over is welcome.
Crap Carrie! I'm glad you guys are okay. I was hoping you'd blog, Jennifer said you were in Dallas! I can't believe all the trees. And your old house! Jeez.
I just saw the photos. Wow! So glad you are safe. Strange to see those 30 and 40 year old trees just plucked out of the ground.
Hope your power returns soon, although maybe you should stay and enjoy a well-deserved break at your families.
I suspect not much is expected from anyone working in Texas this week. Rightfully so.
You can see a little bit of my garage from your bacon cooking pics:) Nice to see it since we gave up and are in Abbeville now. Thanks to Eric for taking care of Midnight! He just may adopt you now.
Post a Comment