Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Kelsey



Kelsey is 14! I can't believe it. When my kids were little, people with older kids would tell me that I should appreciate this time because it would be gone before I knew it. I did not buy it, not one bit.


I buy it now. My little ones are getting so big - and I am really liking the older kids. Sure the hormones can be a little much, but it is so fun to see these big kid personalities come out.


But I digress, this is supposed to be about Kelsey not me (but as we all know it is always about me). As I think of what to say about Kelsey, I wonder if I will be parroting back what I have said about her the last few birthdays. So, I am going to chronicle her favorites right now (at least the ones I know).


Food: Chick-Fil-A.

Symbol: The peace sign - you know from the 70's.

Color: Still pink I think.

Drink from Sonic: (very important if you are a Pearson) Cherry Sprite.

Posses ion: Her cell phone (don't know if she would say that, but it is a permanent fixture by her side).

Class: English - she loves to write and is a pretty dang good writer. She also loves choir.

Person: Me. Well maybe not, but lets go with that.


Kelsey is a happy fun girl. She was the best baby I had. She would just sit next to me while I worked and never made a sound. She makes up for that now (the sound making). She is a typical teenager who loves her friends, and is embarrassed of her dad (but not her mom since her mom is so cool). I am so glad she is my oldest girl, and that she is in our family. I love you Kelsey Belsey.


For anyone keeping track, we still don't have power. For Kelsey's birthday Eric "sprung" for a hotel. How he found a room I am not sure - still not sure. We stayed here last night and we are staying tonight. After that, we are back to pioneer living. Here is to hoping we have power soon!
For anyone keeping track this is the second time a hurricane has affected Kelsey's birthday. I guess that is what a September birthday on the gulf coast will get you!

2 comments:

Jonah said...

oh boy!! We are praying hard up here!! Happy Birthday to Kelsey!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! I didn't know she and Austin shared the same b'day! I hope you get your electricity back soon!! (Jer knows to connect with Eric tomorrow)