I have not always been a morning person, but kids and age have created one. During the summer I could get up and have hours alone in my quiet house. I LOVED it.
Now, not so much. I am still up early, but with 5 kids leaving at 4 different times, I always have a friend with me (I don't mind so much because it does give me some one-on-one time with the older kids).
I leave early on Saturdays for running group and come home to a house of awake kids.
But Sunday, sweet Sunday, is my early morning alone in my house time. I woke this am at 5 (see what I mean) and lounged in bed until 6. I then proceeded to "dink" around until 8:15 and made us late for church (dinking + clothing crisis = late for church). I did not want to wake the huddled masses and have them invade my quiet time. Selfish I know, but it was SO nice.
I will now have to keep moving forward until next Sunday when I will again be presented with some early morning alone time. I don't know what it is I love so much - maybe the peace. It is so still in those early morning hours before the chaos takes over. Who would have thought I would crave the ability to get up at 6:00 am and be alone. See, having 5 kids really does make you crazy!
2 comments:
My alone time is from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am. Which means I can't get out of bed in the am.
Oh, the precious alone time. I totally crave it too, some people in my house don't "get it" so much.
Post a Comment